DID YOU KNOW?
- In 1921 Albert Einstein was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery of the photoelectric effect – and hence, solar panels.
- As of 2017, China builds 2 wind turbines every hour.
- In 2016, California’s renewable energy firm SolarReserve commissioned the world’s first 24/7 solar power plant in the Nevada Desert; powering 75,000 homes for 3 hours a day.
- A world record was set in 1990 when a solar-powered airplane flew across the United States in stages, using no fuel at all.
- According to the WWF, the whole world could get all the power it needs from renewable resources by 2050, ending our reliance on fossil fuels and other depleting resources – but only if the right political, financial and societal decisions are made, and quickly